PATRON SERVICES MANAGER
(Box Office & Front of House Operations)
FULL-TIME SALARIED POSITION
ABOUT THE CAPITOL
The National Historically Designated Cameco Capitol Arts Centre is located just 1 hour from Toronto in beautiful and historic Port Hope. One of Canada’s first “Talking Picture Houses”, built in 1930 and in operation as a multi-entertainment venue since 1995, the Capitol has enjoyed growth over the past five years and is poised for the next chapter in its evolution. The Capitol draws top industry talent for its professional productions as well as highly talented locals for our community initiatives in two performance spaces. Operating year round, the Capitol offers Live Theatre, Concerts, TIFF Films, HD Opera and much more via two performance spaces.
The Capitol Theatre is a not-for-profit organization in which daily operations rely on the support and dedication of a large volunteer team who play an integral part of providing support to the daily box office and front of house operations. Volunteer roles include Box Office attendants, Bartenders, Concession Servers, Greeters, Ticket Takers and Ushers.
Under the umbrella of patron services, and playing a large role in the success of The Capitol Theatre is the support of the growing membership and donor community; The Capitol Circle. All members of the Capitol Circle are frequent patrons of the theatre and play an essential part of ensuring that the Capitol continues to offer extraordinary programming, nurture emerging talent and engage people of all ages to experience the wonder and creativity of live performance.
The ideal candidate for the Patron Services Manager role is an individual looking to join a small team of like-minded professionals dedicated to providing a superior guest experience while growing and nurturing the membership offerings through strong stewardship initiatives. This individual has the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment that requires flexible working hours to include a mix of daytime, evening and weekend shifts.
We are looking to build an all-star team, so if you possess a vibrant personality, strong people management skills and have a passion for bringing new ideas forward and working towards a common goal, apply for this opportunity now!
Reporting to the Managing Director, the primary responsibility of the Patron Services Manager is to lead, support and manage the daily operation of the Box Office and Front of House departments to deliver the highest standard of guest satisfaction. Equally important is working collaboratively with the team to strengthen the membership community and ensure that members receive high value, experience strong customer service, and feel a deep mission connection to our organization.
Education: Post secondary degree from a recognized technical training institution or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience.
Experience: Minimum 2 to 4 years’ professional experience in a customer service orientated leadership position.
● Excellent knowledge of management methods and leadership techniques
● Strong scheduling, planning and organizational skills
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word) and GSuite (Cloud Computing,Google Docs)
● Strong written and verbal communication skills.
● Extremely strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with people in a diverse environment
● Occasional physical effort may be required to assist the team in setting up the theatre for events.
● Ability to manage and defuse difficult customer and supplier situations with positivity and professionalism.
● An adaptable self-starter who can anticipate, identify and solve problems offering recommendations to improve.
● Positivity and a strong work ethic that will enhance and assist in the evolution and growth of the organization.
● Passionate, innovative, entrepreneurial, collaborative, creative and an inexhaustible sense of humour.
DETAILED DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
PLANNING & ADMINISTRATION
● Participate in annual planning and ongoing evaluation of pricing strategies and marketing plans in collaboration with the Finance Manager, Managing Director and Artistic Director bringing input based on customer interactions and ticket data
● Create and enforce policies and procedures related to Box Office and Front of House operations
● Design internal forms and communication tools required for the smooth operation of the Box Office and Front of House.
● Take ownership of and ensure all ticket related inquiries made to “email@example.com” and “firstname.lastname@example.org” ensuring all requests and issues are handled promptly and with exemplary customer service
● Responsible for Group Sales ticket bookings for all performances to include initial outreach, inquiry, booking, payments and relationship management of bus tours, student groups and company outings.
● Manage guest feedback, concerns or comments in a timely manner reporting to Managing Director or Artistic Director on issues requiring their attention or assistance for resolution.
● Works with Managing Director and Artistic Director to plan receptions for opening nights and special occasions
● Monitors and prepares daily ticket sales reports and generates statistical post event reports
MEMBERSHIP & DONOR STEWARDSHIP
● Work with the Managing Director to develop annual membership drive initiative and on-going strategies to grow membership and donor community.
● Assist to develop and take ownership to implement a membership recognition and benefits program
● Create and monitor systems to ensure membership benefits associated with the program are honoured
● Hire, supervise and schedule Box Office Volunteers, contract, student and temp staff for box office operations
● Oversee the Volunteer Coordinators in the recruiting, screening and training of new volunteers for FOH operations
● Maintain an up-to-date volunteer database with the Volunteer Coordinator
● Maintain consistent and ongoing communication with Volunteers through regular emails and team meetings
● Motivate, inspire & empower teams by offering regular feedback and collaborating on initiatives to improve operations
● Organizes Volunteer appreciation and Information nights
BOX OFFICE OPERATIONS
● Manage the Box Office daily operations to include staffing and communication related to performance schedules, house counts, special events, group bookings, and special accessibility requests for wheelchair assistance, etc.
● Develop systems, policies and procedures to ensure follow through and delivery of membership benefits
● Establish and communicate policies for in person, online and phone ticket sales including all discounts, comps, exchanges and refund
● Maintains ticket-selling software (working with the Ticket Software developers) to maximize the usage of available tools within the system.
FRONT OF HOUSE OPERATIONS
● Monitor and oversee concession operations to include ordering and inventory
● Work with Managing Director to build supplier relationship optimizing concession revenues
● Collaborate with volunteers for improvement and expansion of concession offerings
● Maintains familiarity with liquor laws and license requirements
● Ensures “Smart Serve” requirements are met by all Bartenders and staff
● Arranges for the delivery or pick-up of all necessary concession supplies
Compensation: Salary Range $50-$52k based on experience
How to Apply: The Cameco Capitol Arts Centre is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We thank applicants for their interest, however, only those advancing in the process will be contacted.
Interested candidates should email their CV to Erin Peirce, Managing Director at email@example.com
Please include “PATRON SERVICES MANAGER” in the subject line