This note is to provide an update on the next steps the Capitol Theatre is planning on making to continue to ensure that the Capitol Theatre is a safe place for all our staff and patrons in light of concerns associated with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
In an effort to help limit the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Captiol Theatre will suspend all performances within the theatre until April 30th, 2020.
This affects the following performances:
- Jack deKeyzer Concert – Saturday, March 21st, 2020
- BOOM – Thursday, March 26th – Sunday April 5th, 2020
- Anthony Von sings Elvis with Jukebox Jamboree – Wednesday, April 8th, 2020
This will also affect the following Thursday at the Sculthorpe Performances:
- Emily Burgess and the Emburys – Thursday, March 23rd, 2020
- Nickola Magnolia – Thursday, April 23rd, 2020
At this time, we are working diligently to re-schedule the above performance dates and will contact all ticket buyers to inform then of the new dates in the coming days.
If you are a patron who has currently purchased tickets to the above performances, before asking for a refund, we ask for your consideration of the following alternatives:
- Please await the results of our efforts to re-schedule these shows and keep your tickets for use on the new dates.*
- Defer a refund in exchange for tickets for a performance scheduled later in the season. If you choose this option no action is required by you at this time – we will be in touch in the days to follow.
- Place the value of your tickets on a Capitol Theatre gift card that you can use at any time in the future.
- Donate the value of your tickets to the theatre in return for a tax receipt for the full value of your purchase.
*If you wish to consider the re-scheduled date for the performance you have purchased tickets for, there is no action required at this time. We will contact you directly in the days to follow.
Thank you in advance for considering the alternative options.
Please Note: We will continue to adapt as news of the virus continues to emerge. If further adjustments to the schedule are required, The Capitol Theatre will again make the appropriate steps to remain vigilant and informed on what we must do to ensure your comfort and safety.
We will continue to carefully monitor information from the provincial and federal ministries and local public health unit. We also encourage our community members to stay informed by regularly reviewing credible information sources. Additional information can be found on the Ministry of Health website.
If you have any questions or comments, please be in touch with me by phone or email.